Tomorrow’s Market will be a special one; in addition to providing fresh produce, juices, baked goods, and other treats as we usually do, the Market will also feature activities for children to participate in!
From 3-5PM, the Market will host a lineup of games, crafts, and stories for even the youngest to enjoy. Throughout the two-hour time period, the Center Nursery School, Gorse Children’s Center, South Hadley Youth Commission, and South Hadley Falls Neighborhood Association — along with our own farmers’ market volunteers — will provide the afternoon fun with games, face painting, and crafts.
However, we’ll have a particularly special treat from 3:30-4:30 as Gail Herman will be telling stores in the tent. Dr. Gail Herman is a professional storyteller and teaching artist who has performed stories on 4 continents. She brings her stories alive with hand puppets and folk percussion instruments, engaging her listeners’ imaginations. Her lively enthusiasm is contagious and entertaining to children of all ages!
And to keep everyone in a lively mood, singer-songwrite Cameron Sutphin will be performing from 1-4PM.
- Auntie Elsie’s – Original, ginger, and cranberry oatmeal crisp cookies handcrafted with love from local ingredients
- Blake Orchard Juicery – Organic juices and nut mylks
- I Can With – Fresh fruit and veggie salsas made with locally-grown produce; fruit-jalepeño lemonade; PLUS bringing local produce from Outlook Farm!
- Just Jane’s Jams – Kids’ Day Special: turnovers and thumbprint cookies made with Jane’s artisanal jams; plus a wide variety of jams, including original recipe strawberry/raspberry, blueberry/raspberry, tropical mango, milk chocolate strawberry, strawberry vanilla cream, plus low sugar varieties
- Of The Earth Farm – Blueberries, plums, peaches, corn, slicing tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, beets, carrots, new potatoes and onions
- People’s Bakery – Crusty sourdough breads, Kalamata olive rosemary, spinach and roasted garlic, peasant French, cranberry pecan, plus spelt sandwich breads AND cookies!
- Sentinel Farm – Plums, early apples, and honey.
- Stillman’s Quality Meats – Specialty bacons, smoked sausages, pastured pork and chicken cuts.
- Stoneybrook Cider – All-natural sparkling and still hard cider crafted in the New England tradition with apples hand-picked from orchards in the Pioneer Valley
- Wickedly Wild Gourmet Spices – Gourmet barbeque sauces, specialty cooking spices, rubs, and dips made with no additives, preservatives, coloring, MSG, or gluten
- Bling It On – Crystal jewelry, sun catchers, bookmarks, hair pins, key chains, sculptures, glass prisms and more
- Crafts, face-painting, games, and stories for kids from 3-5PM!
- Cameron Sutphin is preparing to leave New England for Nashville, TN to pursue songwriting. Don’t miss out on hearing him play acoustic guitar from 1-4PM!