The South Hadley Farmers Market will open on June 4th! The weather is predicted to be in the low 80s with some clouds, so it’ll be a beautiful, warm day to come by. This season will be running from 1-6PM every Thursday until October 8th. Each week, we’ll have vendors, food trucks, activities and entertainment for all ages!
Opening Day Event
The Market is kicking off the 2015 season with a music event from 3-6PM, featuring Lexi Weege, a singer/songwriter. Lexi is a beloved musician at the Market, with a following throughout the Pioneer Valley.
“Born in the Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts wielding a Shure SM58 in her hand and red patent leather heels, Lexi Weege has been creating music her entire life, flirting with just about every singer’s role, from polka-dotted Big Band vocalist to glitter-haired, bloody-nosed rock front-woman…With plans to continue stirring the vat to a boil with upcoming tours, her sultry voice and sugar-brandy songs of endless summer and the cold, bittersweet winters that often follow are not to be missed.”
Opening Day Vendors
The Market will be opening with the following vendors:
- Dave’s Natural Garden-Fresh vegetables and flowers
- Stillman’s Quality Meats-Pork, lamb, beef, poultry, eggs, specialty food items
- Haye’s Home Roast-Locally roasted coffee beans and coffee
- Blake Orchard Juicery-Raw juices and nut milks
- I Can With-Fresh salsa made with locally grown produce
- Cottage Wicks-Natural soy candles
- Bling It On-Crystal jewelry and accessories
- White Buffalo Herbs-Herbal soaps, creams, teas, spices and oils
- Aunt Elsie’s Oatmeal Crisps
- Just Jane’s Jams
Later in the season, the Market will also have:
- Mount Warner Vineyards-Wine
- Sentinel Farm-Fruit
- Peterman’s Bowls & Boards-Handcrafted wood products
- The Bead Witch Jewelry
- Pioneer Valley Vinegars
- Jane Lyon Jewelry
- Taproot Threads
Weekly Food Trucks
Throughout the season, Holyoke Hummus and Sun Kim Bop will attend the Market. Holyoke Hummus is a mobile falafel cart, offering both vegan and gluten-free options. Sun Kim Bop is a Korean fusion street food truck, with vegetarian options.
We are currently working with several produce and bread vendors for the Market. We will be listing all vendors weekly on our Facebook page, newsletter, as well as on the blog. To stay on top of what’s happening at the farmers’ market, join the e-mail list. Also, stay posted to the Town Reminder for information on our events and vendors.
We hope to see you soon!